2023 Annual Conference Update
Posted 5/15/23 (Mon)
You Spoke, We Listened
Jeff Eslinger | County News Editor
The NDACo Annual Conference and Expo will be held October 8-10, 2023. Our staff is working hard on important decisions like theme, keynote speaker and workshop topics. We welcome your input. Contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org or 701-328-7332. After all, it’s YOUR conference!
So, what’s new? In the post-conference evaluations over the years, a few recurrent problems have been identified and will be addressed. The biggest are:
- Caucus Meetings. What you said: Caucus meetings are too important to be limited only to those who can attend the conference, and Sunday meetings offer insufficient time for thoughtful debate. Solution: We will schedule caucus meetings around the state so you can meet in person and offer virtual options if necessary.
- Buses. What you said: Begun in 2015, busing has seen usage drop off while complaints and problems have persisted. Solution: We have decided to end this expensive program. Please plan for carpooling and a short walk from the parking lots.
- Conference Hotel Breakfasts: Traditionally, we’ve held “official” breakfasts at the Radisson and Bismarck Hotels (formerly Ramkota) but participation has waned so we invite you early risers to explore the many wonderful options Bismarck offers. We will provide some kind of continental breakfast at the Event Center, but the details are yet to be determined. We’ll keep you posted.
- Hotel Room Blocks: We still have the room blocks we reserved at the Radisson and Bismarck Hotels last year, if you plan to stay at either of those hotels. However, without busing or breakfasts, it’s less important to designate “official” hotels or room blocks. We have requested a list of hotels that will honor the State Rate and will send that out as soon as we get it.
- Door Prizes. What you said: Over the years, you’ve been very generous about bringing home-grown or home-made products. Unfortunately, it’s a big hassle for many, and drawings interrupt your valuable networking time. Solution: We will work on new ways for you to win free stuff, and you won’t need to worry about bringing a door prize.
There’ll be much more conference news coming your way soon.