The NDACo Annual Conference is NDACo’s premier educational and networking event. Held every October, the conference is a two-day gathering of over 500 officials, guests and vendors from across the state. Conference activities include:
• Educational workshops, including ILG-credit qualifying classes
• Vendor displays in two indoor venues and an outdoor large-equipment display
• NDACo Board of Directors elections
• Discussion and voting on important legislative resolutions and initiatives
• Topical keynote speakers and special guests
• ILG awards and graduation
• Excellence in County Government Awards
• Presentation of scholarship winners
• Scheduled and informal opportunities to network with other county folks, partners, state officials and others.
All county officials are strongly urged to attend the NDACo Annual Conference & Expo. Many consider it essential to their ability to provide the best service to their constituents.
When registration and other information is available, it will be linked from this page and our home page. Future Conference dates have been reserved through 2020 as follows:
2017 - October 8-10 - Bismarck Event Center
2018 - October 7-9
2019 - October 6-8
2020 - October 11-13
The County Officials Academy is held on election years during the legislative session. It is designed to give new county officials an overview of county government, the duties associated with all the different offices in the courthouse, and an overview of what's going on at the capitol during the Legislative Session, including an opportunity to meet with state legislative representatives from their area.
It also serves as an excellent refresher course for experience county officials, many of whom return several times.
Attendees will receive FREE ILG training hours for attending the County Officials Academy.
Future dates to the County Officials Academy:
March 6-7, 2017 ND Heritage Center
With much appreciated support from the Bremer Foundation and ND Insurance Reserve Fund, two Human Resources Conferences for Local Government have been held. It is our hope that these valuable joint events will continue in the future, as they have proven very useful to participants from counties, cities, parks and other local government entities.
The Legislative Wrap-up is a one-day workshop held after each legislative session which reviews recently passed legislation that will affect county budgets and operations. The Legislative Wrap-up home page is www.ndaco.org/wrap-up.
Next Wrap-up: May 8, 2017, ND Heritage Center